If you’re looking to cover up a small chip or seeking a smile makeover, porcelain veneers could be the ideal option for you. With significantly shorter treatment times than braces, porcelain veneers offer a range of additional benefits. At Re:Nu Dental & Medispa in Notting Hill, we specialise in providing top-notch porcelain veneer treatments tailored to suit all goals and budgets. Experience the transformative power of porcelain veneers and achieve the smile you’ve always dreamed of.
The difference between porcelain veneers and composite veneers
Deciding on the type of veneers to go for can be a tricky process. Here are the key benefits and disadvantages of both.
- Translucent properties allow them to shine like natural teeth
- Stain resistance results in a consistently white smile
- Durable and can last 10-15 years, if properly taken care of
- Must be replaced if chipped
- Longer procedure times
- Will stain like natural teeth
- Less durable than porcelain veneers with an average lifespan of 4-8 years
- Prone to chipping
- Can be repaired if chipped
- Shorter procedure time
What’s involved in getting dental veneers?
The process usually requires one or two appointments, depending on the type and number of veneers being fitted.
In the first appointment, we’ll find a shade that suits your smile and will begin preparation of the treated teeth. For porcelain veneers, a thin layer of enamel will be scraped off the front surface of these teeth to allow room for the veneer shells and bonding material.
It’s at this stage we’ll take an impression of your teeth, to be used to create your bespoke veneers.
For the application of the veneers, the veneer shells are bonded to the teeth using strong dental cement.
Composite veneer procedures usually require just one visit, during which we’ll apply a resin, in a shade of your choice, to the treated teeth. The resin is bonded, cured and polished, resulting in a glistening smile in just a few hours.
Little to no anaesthetic is required when fitting veneers.
The benefits of dental veneers
- Cover-up chipped, unevenly spaced, misshapen or discoloured teeth
- Porcelain veneers do not stain easily, resulting in a long-lasting crisp smile
- The durability of veneers is one of their biggest advantages, with cared-for veneers lasting anywhere between 10-15 years.
- A more convenient alternative to braces