Dental implants have been used in dentistry for many years and provide a solution to missing teeth by placing a titanium implant in the gap that exists. An excellent solution for teeth replacement, dental implants work by fixing an artificial tooth made from porcelain called “dental crown” to match your natural teeth. Steps include consultation, diagnosis, planning followed by implant placement.
What happens during Dental Implants Procedure?
Usually a 2 appointments process. Custom crown is then fitted into the implant that is made follow-up appointments ensures proper healing and maintenance. The success of the treatment is dependent on diligent oral care. In certain cases, it is possible to have the implant placed and the tooth (crown) inserted on the same day. However, it is common for the implant procedure to happen in multiple appointments that are usually several months apart. If so, we will examine you to make sure that the implant is secure. Then, we’ll place a connecting piece called an abutment over the post portion of the implant. This is the part that will hold the new tooth. When your gums heal, the dentist will make impressions of your teeth. They’ll create a custom replacement tooth, also called a crown. The crown is then attached to the abutment.
Why consider dental implants?
- Single Implant can replace a single missing tooth enhancing comfort by maintaining proper tooth alignment and distributing chewing forces evenly.
- Implant is the best replacement for the tooth as it integrates with your bone (osseointegration)
- Dental implants can last for many years, if properly cared for, offering a durable and reliable solution for tooth replacement.
- Dental Implants surgery is often necessary to restore chewing function, making it easier to eat a wide variety of foods without limitations.
- All-on-4 can replace the full arch using four implants strategically placed in the jawbone avoiding deterioration over time due to lack of stimulation from tooth roots.
- Dental implants mimic natural tooth roots, promoting healthy bone growth and preventing facial bone loss.
- Dental implants look and feel like natural teeth, contributing to a confident smile and improved self-esteem.
At Re:Nu Dental & Medispa in Notting Hill, we understand the importance of dental implants in oral rehabilitation. Our skilled dental team ensures that the procedure is conducted with precision and care, providing you with the best possible dental care in a comfortable and relaxing environment.
How much does it cost?
Head over to our fee list for dental implant prices.